Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    True Image has always been buggy, mostly with the extra bells and whistles they put in it.
    But, I have been using it for years and it has never failed me when I needed to restore an image.

I just stay away from using the 'extras'..
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Thanks
    Fred, Is there room on your bench for that monster. looks pretty large. LOL Knowing you, I'll bet eventually you'll just stuff more into it so at some point in time it will be just as full as the old case!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I have an Antec server case and I have 5 drives in it now.
    The front of the case has fans that blow directly over and between the drives.

It's a big case with plenty of room...
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    Fred, Is there room on your bench for that monster. looks pretty large. LOL Knowing you, I'll bet eventually you'll just stuff more into it so at some point in time it will be just as full as the old case!
    Hi Ted,

No ...I have to get a larger desk as well, not kidding..(and the case is only a "mid size" ) Had no choice really ...have been keeping watch of my HD temps (via Hd Sentinel) and were getting out of control. Using an external fan to help out...Just don't have the time now to switch...Regards Fred
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2012-03-26 at 08:08.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Fred View Post
    elikam,
    Hello... sound advice ...with one caveat.. Acronis free trial, will install It , and everywhere ... One thing that i have found out about Acronis ... You can never remove it ! I don't care what removal tool you use ..(theirs or a 3rd party) forget it. Over the years i have used TI 10, 11, 2009, 2010.. if something goes wrong ...even with their removal tool ..hidden pieces are always be there to remain to vex you forever.. The only way to remove it, is to go back to a time before you installed Acronis..." Kind of a catch 22" . I would suggest using Windows Backup, Macrium Reflect , or EASEUS Todo backup, making a Full OS image before trying Acronis True Image Home ..any version. ..Don't get me wrong ...I use Acronis 2010 V-7046 along with Macrium Reflect... But ...If something with Acronis goes wrong or doesn't work ... the only fix ( even trying their repair) is to go back in time before it was installed ... My2¢... Regards Fred
    I’ve had the same experience with Acronis True Image (the Seagate DiscWizard version). When I tried to uninstall it, it could not be dislodged. I tried the Acronis Cleanup Utility, along with several other things their support forum suggested, but nothing worked. Finally, I came across a free software product called Revo Uninstaller (http://www.revouninstaller.com) and that worked. It completely stripped every bit of Acronis True Image from my computer. I didn’t think if it at the time, but it occurred to me that CCleaner might also have worked since it has an uninstaller function in its Tools section, so if you already have that on your computer, you could try that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234