Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2007: Insert text based on Level Number of a numbered list

Hi,
    1. Introduction

1.1 I have a document formatted in Normal, and I can't change that.
    1.2 I want to place the heading of each section in the Header.
    1.2.A The headings are Level 1 of a multi-level numbered list. As said, these are all in the Normal style.

2. Question
    2.1 Is there a way for me to reference the Level 1 text, where the outcome would be similar to using StyleRef to reference a heading in the Header?

2.2 In this example, I would want to have the text "Introduction" in the Header, followed a few pages later by "Question".

2.3 I know I could turn every Level 1 text into a Bookmark and then divide the document into sections where the Bookmark would change in each section, and then I can reference the bookmark in the Header. I know there are probably other solutions.
    2.3.A However, I'm wondering if it's possible to accomplish this based solely on the text in each Level 1 number.

Bountiful TIAs for all assistance.

David

Thanks
    Hi David,

You at least need to divide your document into sections in order to have different headers. Since you have to do that anyway, and any other solution will likely be far less straightforward and include programming, why not use bookmarks? Are there other restrictions on this document, or on the use of the document?

Kim

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I can add sections.

Thanks for writing.