3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Attaching an outlook-email

Hello-I have a database form that I would like the user to have the option of attaching an email message to. What is a way to accomplish? Is it done via VBA programing or are there other options? I would like the user to have a commandbox or combobox that would prompt them to select an email from their pst file. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I don't know how to do this, but I don't really know what "attach" means in this context.

Do you want to paste into the form the content of the email?
    Do you want a hyperlink that would take you to Outlook and display the message?
    or have a Control on the form that displays the message directly from Outlook?

Here is a page with a collection of suggestions for connecting Outlook with Access, although none of them are exactly what you ask.
    Regards
    John

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I want the user to get an email from their pst file and attach it to the form for record keeping and the only way I can think of this is by using a combobox.
    Last edited by Seba; 2012-01-10 at 19:13.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I still don't know what you mean by "attach" in database terms.

You can use an Outlook folder as a linkted table. Here is how to do it in Access 2010
    OutlookLink.gif

You could then build a comboBox based on that linked table.
    But there is no Primary Key, so I don't see how you identify a message uniquely.
    Regards
    John

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a database that has a form to track information that I do everyday. Sometimes I get request via email to do a task that I need to include in the tracking form of the database. I would like to put the email in a note field within the form or create a new field that I can use to attach the email. This way when my manager wants to know what the original request was, she can just open that particular form (which has a unique ID) and get the actual email. Thanks for the suggestion above. I can try it and see if it works.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It sounds like a Memo field would do the job. Just copy and paste in the body of the email.
    Regards
    John