5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Is it Possible for an excel cell to contain / store/link a tumbnail graphic

I would like to create a table where each row contains say a home inventory item with description and with its corresponding photo thumbnail, but where everything can be sorted.
    Is it possible for a cell to contain a photo or a link to a photo and have it automatically size to a thumbnail so I can easily print out rows of items their descriptions and small photos
    Thanks Excel office 2010
    JK

Thanks
    You can select a cell and then insert whatever graphic you want, but I don't think there is a way to autosize, you would have to manually shrink the photo to fit, or expand the col width and/or row height. A macro could do it, but that could get complex if all the sizes were different. Set the property to move and size with the cells for sorting.

Steve

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you but this does NOT work It inserts a picture into the spreadsheet that you can move allaround the sheet. It does not insert it into a particular cell that is then associated with that cell. Unless I am inserting incorrectly.
    JR

Thanks
    Resize the graphic and the cell itself to get the size desired. If you are going to sort, As mentioned change the properties to move with the cell. If all the cells will be the same size you can move and size with cell. If you move and size but the cell sizes change the graphic will change size as well, growing and shrinking with the cells.

Steve

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I apologize, but the pasted photo seems to be in front of all the cells and not linked to a cell.
    I perform edit / paste, maybe this is the wrong set of commands to paste into a cell versus pasting into a sheet

Thanks
    You are correct, that it is still literally on the sheet not in the cell (I don't think there is a way around this). But if done as I indicated you can work with it and mimic the behaviour of the objects in the cell, by placing the graphic over the area of a cell and having it move and size with the cell. If that is done the area of the sheet containing the picture will move and size with the cell...

The only option to more truly link/attach to the cell is to put the graphic into a comment (though it is still not directly linked to the cell, it is literally linked to the comment which is linked to the cell). (Format comment - colors and lines(tab) - color - Fill effects - picture(tab) - select picture). Then you can show the comment where you want it and make sure when you print you print the comments "as displayed on sheet".

Steve