New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Microsoft update failure

I get error code: 8007371B when attempting installing update KB2585542 on my Vista PC. All the other updates installed ok.Tried MS Fixit Tool, it found no problems. I went to Micorosoft for help, but they don't recognize my activation code that is In System Info. Why is the Code in my System info different from the sticker on my HP PC?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I just googled
    KB258554 and there appear to others having problems with this update, some of them failing on install such as your failure. It looks like Microsoft may need to re-release this update after correcting the problems it's causing.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This update mysteriously installed last night as I shut down (never saw any yellow update shield). This morning everything went haywire! Nothing would load or work on the computer and I finally managed to do a system restore. This seemed to solve the problem. I also googled the update and saw that there were many complaints about it, so we're not alone. I won't let that update install on either computer now. Maybe WS newsletter will tell us more. Try the restore.