Thread: Website???

New Lounger
    Thanks

Website???

I have been looking at the apod.nasa.gov website daily for several years, including over a year with my Win7SP1 Gateway DX4840. 1 Tb HDD, 8 Gb RAM, 3.05 GHz, Google Chrome browser. 4 days ago, something changed and I can no longer reach the web site. I was using IE9 until about a month ago, then switched to Chrome. When I try to get to the site, I get an error message that the server closed the connection without sending any information. I tried with an older eMachines computer, and was connected and viewed the website just fine, so I figured it is not my cable connection, but rather my newer computer. Any idea what may be causing this and what I can do to fix it??? Thank you for any assistance you can provide. Wade.
    Wade Keever, Gateway DX4840 desktop, Win 7/64 SP1 current w/updates from WinUpdate. Intel Core i3 at 3.05 GHz, 1 Tb Hard Drive, DVD +/- 16X combo burner, Intel HD Graphics, 8 Gb RAM, Roadrunner 20 Mbps. MBAM, WinFirewall, MSSE.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    It's working for me, both in Chrome and IE. Any new security apps, firewall, AV, any new browser add-on?

Thanks
    Did you try with both browsers? Chrome recently had an upgrade to their browser.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I did try with both browsers - same result. No new firewalls, browsers add-ons that I know of. I was viewing APOD just fine for several weeks with Chrome before all this began. I tried another route, through the NASA website. NASA came up OK but trying to get to APOD gives same results. I even just tried re-installing the Chrome browser - same results. I have no idea what has happened.
    Wade Keever, Gateway DX4840 desktop, Win 7/64 SP1 current w/updates from WinUpdate. Intel Core i3 at 3.05 GHz, 1 Tb Hard Drive, DVD +/- 16X combo burner, Intel HD Graphics, 8 Gb RAM, Roadrunner 20 Mbps. MBAM, WinFirewall, MSSE.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Clean out cache? Check hosts file?
    Last edited by Evolvei; 2012-01-12 at 12:21.

Thanks
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    What URL are you using?
    I use antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html
    in Chrome, Firefox and IE under Win7 64 and XP 32 and Firefox under Linux with no problems.

Jock

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been using apod.nasa.gov. I tried the one you suggested but I get the same results. This seems to be a problem with my computer. I have tried all the above steps with no help. I am still ???