5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Synching Contacts with Windows Phone 7

I let myself get talked into replacing my Nokia phone with a new Windows Phone 7. Nokia has software (PC Suite) which I used to keep the address book on the phone synched with the Outlook 2010 Contacts. No such thing with this phone: instead I had to export my Contacts to a CSV file, then import them to Windows Live Mail and synch the phone with WLM. Not a clean procedure at all, and now I'm trying to clean things up.

I can't see a way, for instance, to get a single Contact from Outlook to WLM. WLM has no way to import a VCF file, for instance. Anyone got a suggestion?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Paul Thurrot had a lenghty post on getting ready for Windows Phone, where the contacts import issue was addressed. See if it helps in anyway: http://www.winsupersite.com/article/...-windows-phone

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruirib View Post
    Paul Thurrot had a lenghty post on getting ready for Windows Phone, where the contacts import issue was addressed. See if it helps in anyway: http://www.winsupersite.com/article/...-windows-phone
    Nope. It confirms that the "one time" import of Outlook Contacts in Windows Live Mail has to be done (which I did) but there's nothing in the article about how to keep Outlook and WLM synched after that. I use a service called Plaxo to keep my OL Contacts list identical on both my desktop and netbook, but although they have talked about developing a synch mechanism for WLM, they haven't done it yet.