3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Marker Type Change of Data Series for Scatter Plot Data Series

I have created a picture-based marker type for a data series on a scatter plot. It currently uses a single picture, but I have inserted six different picturesI know that I can create multiple data series that have their own picture-based marker type; however, I would like the marker type to change for the same data series based on its actual values that will change in table B3:C11 of the attached workbook. I would like to create rules like these below:

When y is greater than 1 but less than 4 and x is greater than 1 but less than 4, I would like to use the yellow octagon with a star

When x is less than 2, red octagon

When x is greater than 3 and less than green octagon

I don't know if this is even possible to do, but I thought that I would ask.

I'm happy to go back and forth and explain things out if anyone has any questions.

Any help is always greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
    Amy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Your conditions aren't particularly clear (I think there are words missing from the third one for instance) but I would suggest you use separate series and only plot the points that match the criteria for each series. You can then simply apply the relevant markers to each series and Excel will take care of the rest. See attached version of your workbook where I have added three series.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Rory,
    Thank you for the prompt response. So you would set up the conditions in a table that would interact with the B3:C11 table and set the markers to the series of the conditions table. I'll play with what I have. I am assuming the values in table B3:C11 will constantly change and they will be plotted with the different marker that meets a set of conditions.

thanks
    Amy

Thanks
    Correct. Once the formula table is set up, everything adjusts automatically as the data change.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel