Thanks

Word2003 default template location?

Please can anyone tell me where the default template folder is for word 2003 in windows7 on a PC?

Thanks
    I suspect it is "C:\Users\[your username]\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates" I know that is the default under Windows Vista.

Are you looking for it on your computer or trying to write an installation? You can find instructions for finding/changing file locations at Workgroup Templates.

You can get this in the vba Editor in the Immediate Window with the statement:
    print Word.Options.DefaultFilePath(wdUserTemplatesPath)
    This displays the path.

"Word.Options.DefaultFilePath(wdUserTemplatesPath) " returns a string which can be used if you are trying to program an installation.
    Last edited by Charles Kenyon; 2012-01-19 at 10:14. Reason: add vba information
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

Thanks
    No, I was just trying to open a recently installed template - something I've never needed to do before as I usually only work with .doc, and this needed .dot.

But not to worry, I found it. After you click on File/Open then it's to be found under C://Msoffice/templates
    Oh and this is from inside Word 2003.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you have indexing turned on in Win7, you can find any document or program by pressing the Windows Start icon and starting to type the name. If the item is saved in a folder that is not included in the default indexed folders, you can click "See more results" to open Windows Explorer search to specify non-indexed locations -- but it will take longer.

You can also use wildcards, so *.dot will find Normal.dot, Letters.dotm, etc. As well, if you right-click on a name presented in the pop-up, you can choose "Open file location" to have it open Windows Explorer at the folder containing the file.

How to manage indexing? Easy: click Start and start typing Indexing Options, then click it.