3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Uninstall MS Works 9.0

My PC came with Works preinstalled. I now have Office 2010 installed and I would like to get rid of Works. I do not see an entry for it in the uninstall section of Control Panel. I have tried other programs such as Revo to uninstall it without any luck. I have the program on a disk from the PC manufacturer, but when I try to install it, I get a key access error and the install is terminated after getting part way through. I have tried running as admin and do not see an Unblock entry anywhere in the setup or MSI file.

Anyone know how to do this? I tried a forced uninstall and my Outlook quit working causing me to restore an image.

Thanks

Thanks
    Does Revo see the app? If not is your PC a 64 Bit OS. If so the version of Works installed may be a 64 Bit version. The free Revo Uninstaller will only see 32 Bit apps. You need the Revo Uninstaller Pro for 64 Bit apps. They do have a trial of the Pro version. You might try Absolute Uninstaller. It works with both.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, my PC is 64 bit Windows 7, I fialed to mention taht. I will check out the other apps. Thanks for the reply

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried both suggested programs and MS Works was not listed in the programs that could be uninstalled. I then used the Revo produuct to do their version of a forced uninstall. I used the default moderate setting which removed associated registry entries and the program folder. I have not had any issues since then which was several days ago. I did find 3 other folders with Works in their title. One was empty so I deleted it. Another is in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Works and the other larger one is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\Works Shared". I might try renaming the folders and seeing if their are any consequences.

Thanks for the suggestions.