Thread: Keyboard Probs

New Lounger
    Thanks

Keyboard Probs

Hi
    I know this has nothing to do with the original post but as it came up along the way, I have taken the chance to ask a question about it.
    My PC is a new one recently purchased but I can't use my USB keyboard to access the BIOS. I have had to buy and connect a PS2 keyboard (which I don't like as much as my other one!) just to be able to change items in the BIOS.
    I have checked the USB legacy support setting and it's set to boot up the USB devices, including keyboard but it still won't boot up at the start of the boot sequence.
    Can anyone give me any clues as to what I can do please? I hate this keyboard and would like to get my old one back on again, which is a Compaq Presario one. I just love it. The size is good and the keys are well spaced with a gradiated effect, which I get on with well. I have been onto the Compaq site and downloaded all drivers that relate to it working with Windows 7 but it still won't work.
    Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks.
    Walk a mile in my shoes before you judge!!!

Thanks
    You need to look for a USB mode setting of legacy support, not enabling USB in the boot order. You should see a USB Legacy support entry with enabled and disabled as options. If not, I suspect you are out of luck.

Jerry

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Are you connecting to rear USB 2 ports Or front USB ports. I had same problem with one of my keyboards and found it would only be seen at boot-up when connected to the rear USB2. port. USB3 ports are often not seen at boot-up so best to avoid them for mice and keyboards.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Thanks
    I'm having the same issue with a keyboard I own too. You might want to do some searching around to see if others are having similar
    issues with your make and model. You might also want to look into a BIOS update as well. I would try jwitalka's sugestion first though.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks all. I have tried the keyboard in all the USB ports on the PC, front & back but it still won't work. My USB ports are USB2, don't think I've got any 3's. I'll check the BIOS again but I'm sure I enabled the USB legacy last time I went in. Thanks again for suggestions.
    Walk a mile in my shoes before you judge!!!