Star Lounger
    Thanks

Win 7 - Windows Explorer - Adobe Acrobat issue

I have Adobe Acrobat 10x deployed on both my Win7 desktop and WinXP laptop. When I open a PDF in the Win7 desktop, I cannot make changes and save the file. I get a File In Use error message. When I open the same file from the same directory using my WinXP desktop, I can edit and save the file normally. No issues When I save the file to my Desktop and open directly from there (rather than finding it in an Explorer Window and opening it from there) I can edit and save the file normally. No issues. If I get a PDF via email, I can open it, edit and save normally. No issues. Thus, this issue only occurs with Adobe Acrobat, not any other programs. It only occurs when I drill down and find the file via Windows Explorer (or whatever it's called in Win7). It appears to me that selecting the file in a Win7 Explorer Window locks the file as being in use. Any thoughts? thanks for the help, Don

Thanks
    Do you have the preview pane enabled in Windows 7 explorer?

Perhaps your version isn't fully W7 compatible.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Brownlee View Post
    I have Adobe Acrobat 10x deployed on both my Win7 desktop and WinXP laptop. When I open a PDF in the Win7 desktop, I cannot make changes and save the file. I get a File In Use error message. When I open the same file from the same directory using my WinXP desktop, I can edit and save the file normally. No issues When I save the file to my Desktop and open directly from there (rather than finding it in an Explorer Window and opening it from there) I can edit and save the file normally. No issues. If I get a PDF via email, I can open it, edit and save normally. No issues. Thus, this issue only occurs with Adobe Acrobat, not any other programs. It only occurs when I drill down and find the file via Windows Explorer (or whatever it's called in Win7). It appears to me that selecting the file in a Win7 Explorer Window locks the file as being in use. Any thoughts? thanks for the help, Don

If you browse to the file in Windows Explorer on W7 machine and right click the icon it will show Properties. Make sure it is set to allow edting ie no ticks or marks in either box.

I've had this happen when moving some files in from other locations.