New Lounger
    Thanks

How to export my Outlook 2003 contact list in vcard format

There is no option listed in my version of Outlook 2003 to export the contact list in vcard format. I want to do this in order to import the contact list into the Address Book in my iMac, and the only import format the iMac understands and can deal with is the vcard format. All of the Microsoft support pages I've consulted indicate that that option should be available in Outlook 2003 but, alas, it doesn't show up on my copy.

Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

geoj (2012-01-24)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Jerry,

The problem is that when I pull down the action list on my version of Outlook 2003 I do not see the "Forward as vCard" option that is called for in Step 2 of the procedure that you pointed me to. There is no mention whatsoever of vCards in any of the pulldown menus in Outlook. It's as if Microsoft was not aware of vCards at all when they wrote the program back then.

Thanks
    Are you sure you are looking at the complete pull down list? The Forward as a vCard is the second last option in the actions dropdown. There is usually a double caret if some menu items are cut off. When you double click on an individual contact to open it, is there a File > export to a vCard file option? (had to click on the double caret to expand the file drop down to see).

If you don't see the vCard options, You could try to repair your office installation or reinstall it from scratch.

Jerry