Thread: Vlookup

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Vlookup

Hello,
    I'm using VLOOKUP to identify matches bewtween two tabs of data on an spreadsheet. Because the data comes from two different systems and there's no logical key, the formula is not returning any hits. I'm wondering if there is a formula that will allow me to to scan for say the first 6 characters which still means wading through [likely] false positives, but it will cetainly help chop things down to size. Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanos:

Can you provide a simple example of data and what you expect as a final result. If you are trying to find items that are in both data sets Vlookup would not be the best approach. Perhaps attaching a simple workbook with an example of the data in one set, data in the other set, and desired results.

TD

Thanks
    Check out the functions "NearMatch" and "NearMatch2" (and their descriptions) at http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...l=1#post245036

Steve

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    TD & Steve - thank you for your responses, greatly appreciated. I think Stev's response is realy what I need, but since yesterday and today, a buddy with Access skills was able to bang this out for me. Please consider this item closed. Thanks agaim,