2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

a query for time (2000)

I am trying to create a query that will allow me to total sales between hours. I have a table that has DateTime, and Grand Total. How do I create a query that will ask for the times that I wish to total?

TIA

Bret

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: a query for time (2000)

It all depends on how your information is set up. If you have seperate Date/Time Fields that will be one way, if it is all one field (Date and Time) then that will be another. Either way though, you will need to start out with a Totals Query. Add the Date Time Field, and the Total Field. Then turn on the Greek looking E. On the Totals line, set your Date Time field to Group By and your Total Field to Sum. This will return the Grand Total for each Date Time Group (Hopefully daily, or hourly or whatever time frame you are looking for). Then the next step is to add a Between [This Date] And [That Date], criteria to your Date Time Field. But like I said, some of the outcome will depend on how your Date Time field is set up.
    Paul

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: a query for time (2000)

Thanks for the response Paul. Yes the Date Time is one field. I will give your solutions a try.

Bret