Thanks

Add to Dictionary Grayed Out in Word 2010

I have reviewed all of the threads across the web in my attempt to fix the grayed out "add to dictionary" option in Word 2010 (and Windows 7 if that matters). I've "repaired" my installation of Office 2010. I've gone to options, proofing and clicked and unclicked the custom dictionary to get it to work. I've removed and deleted dictionaries and created new ones. If the proofing dialog is open, and I click Edit Word List, I am able to add words to the dictionary. However, as soon as I leave the proofing dialogs, add to dictionary is grayed out and I can't add words. I've opened and re-saved the dictionary using NotePad making sure I use Unicode formatting. I've created new custom.dic files with NotePad using Unicode formatting, all to no avail (I've used different names other than "custom" as well). I've tried to add words from older docs and brand new docs, but the "add to dictionary" continues to be grayed out. I am at my rope's end! I am not a computer novice, but this continues to elude me. Of course, it really shouldn't be this difficult to get it to work. The ability to add words should just work. In any event, anybody have any ideas other than those above to get this to work. Thx.

Thanks
    My problem with the Add to Dictionary option somehow resolved itself. I'm not exactly sure what fixed it, but it started working a day or two after I posted the question. I think it might have been related to two extra custom dictionaries that were left over from a prior install of the American Institute of Architects contract docs software, but I don't know for sure. In any event, Add to Dictionary seems to be working now. Thx.