New Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2007 update will not install

On my daughters pc running xp pro she is getting the icon for updating Microsoft Office 2007. When you click on it, it trys to install each part of the download, 5 if I remember corectly but each one fails to load.
    Have tried to do it manually but still not load.
    Anyone else had this problem or have any other ideas on how to install these updates
    Any help appreciated

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Do you have any details about the error such as the error code?

What about KB article numbers?

Joe

Thanks
    You might want to peruse the Winsowsupdate log for clues. Windows Secrets Susan Bradley wrote a nice article on deciphering its contents:
    http://windowssecrets.com/top-story/learn-to-read-the-obscure-windowsupdate-log-file/

J
    erry

Thanks
    Yantouk,

You might want to try the Microsoft Install/Uninstall Trouble Shooter. My wife was getting a weird message about Roxio Install and not finding a certificate. I knew it must be related to my uninstalling of the Blackberry software but I couldn't reinstall it to fix the problem. This tool figured out things and cleaned it up No More Boot message.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    I personally think there is something screwy with the Office 2007 SP3 update (at least on WinXP)!

At the end of Oct, I downloaded and installed the Office 2007 SP3 update. It was about 360MB in size. When I check the ABOUT menus, I verify that SP3 is indeed installed.

Yet Windows Update keeps presenting an Office 2007 SP3 update to me (and it is 80MB LESS than the what I downloaded and applied originally, yet has the same exact name).

See screen shot: http://i.minus.com/iFlJqKLkueFwp.jpg

I've been told to let Windows Update install the version it has now but I am not really comfortable doing that w/o knowing WHY this is happening or what effect putting a different sized update on top of an existing update might do.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2007 Update will not install

Tried again this morning, there was not error code. Also Adobe Reader failed to install Error code1601.
    Also message saying Windows Installer might not be instaled properly or could be running in Windows Safe mode.
    It is definately not running in safe mode

Thanks
    Also message saying Windows Installer might not be installed properly or could be running in Windows Safe mode.
    Since you are getting this message I would look into the Microsoft Install/Uninstall Trouble Shooter mentioned by Retired Geek above.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks

Post Installing Adobe Flash update

Everytime I try to install it I get the message failed to install, then reference to I could be running in Safe Mode which I am not also states Windows Installer not instaled correctly.
    This is on a pc running XP SP3 with all normal updates done.
    How can I check to find out if Windows Installer is installed corectly.
    BTW never had this problem before and its been running XP for over 5 years
    John

NOTE: I found this post in the Forum Feedback, Questions and Announcements Forum, and saw yantouk already had this thread where he has two other applications with install issues. The root cause is most likely the same for all three.

Deadeye81
    Last edited by Deadeye81; 2012-02-16 at 08:53. Reason: Add NOTE on moved post

Thanks
    yantouk, have you tried the Microsoft Install/Uninstall Trouble Shooter, as has already been recommended twice in this thread?