New Lounger
    Thanks

Linking Excel data to PowerPoint chart datasheet - Office 2007

I have various Excel 2007 spreadsheets which contain data that I would like to link to PowerPoint chart datasheets. My aim is to have the PowerPoint charts update automatically when the Excel data changes on a monthly basis.

I have tried to copy the Excel data and use Paste Link to paste the linked data into the PowerPoint chart datasheet, but this option is not available (greyed out).

Am I doing something wrong or is there a better way to achieve this? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Both copying and linking data in the way you want are described here: http://gethelp.library.upenn.edu/wor...pt/import.html

Past Link being greyed out in PowerPoint is a common issue with, annoyingly, a large number of possible causes. One of the more regular is if the whole path length to the linked file is too long - I think the limit in PP2003 was 64 characters for instance. As an experiment, try putting the Excel file into the root of C: to minimise its path length.

Then I'd continue this in the Presentation Apps forum as it isn't really an Excel issue.
    Last edited by MartinM; 2012-01-29 at 15:36.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply. Works fine in Office 2003, but not in 2007 for some reason. Will continue with this thread in Presentation Apps as you suggest.