Lounger
    Thanks

Media Player stops ripping on a track.

Win 7 Media Player will rip an audio CD fine... sometimes. Then on the next one, on a track it just spins the CD when it reaches 30% or 40%. I cleaned the CD going from center to edge several times and restarted on problem track and it did the same thing. I then cleaned using Isopryl and same thing happened. This has happened on other CDs from time to time. I believe this is Player version 12. I see 12.0.7600.16667 beside version. I also tried changing some setting to no avail.
    File conversion options: Allow audio files to convertin background
    Rip Setting for Audi0 Quality is now 192 kbps
    Ripping Format has always been MP3. A talking book for my MP3 player.

Thanks
    Have you tried this, from Microsoft Answers;

Hi honorabledoc,
    I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you come across the same problem.
    Step 1: I would suggest you to use the System File Checker tool.
    Use the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to determine which file is causing the issue, and then replace the file. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
    2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow
    The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
    For more information on the System File Checker tool, you may visit the link mentioned below:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929833
    If step 1 doesn’t help, I would suggest you to go ahead with step 2.
    Step 2: Clear the Windows Media Player database.
    You may follow the steps mentioned below to clear the Windows Media Player database :
    1. Exit Windows Media Player.
    2. Click Start, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player, and then click OK.
    3. Select all the files in the folder, and then click Delete on the File menu.
    Note: You do not have to delete the folders that are in this folder.
    4. Restart Windows Media Player.
    Note: Windows Media Player automatically rebuilds the database.
    You may refer the link mentioned below for more information:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925718
    Note: The above article is for Windows Media Player 11 but it applies to Windows Media 12 as well.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Regards,
    Sujan – Microsoft Support
    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
    If the above doesn't workout you can try to uninstall Media Player from within the "Windows Features" section of the programs and features section of the control panel, boot the computer, the re-enable.
    Last edited by CLiNT; 2012-01-30 at 01:15.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried both methods. First one came back saying everything was ok. Second one, I cleared files and tried it again. It still hangs after going to 30% on track #13. This is a library book CD. Not in perfect shape but not bad. I ice fish and like to listen to talking books while on the ice. Looks like there must be some sort of 'defect' on the CD? Only thing I can think of. But i dd learn a couple of things... thanks for the info!