Thread: Word 2010

Lounger
    Thanks

Question Word 2010

I have noticed in Word 2010 that if I have a style set to have 6pt spacing above and 12pt spacing below, when I carriage return, it ignores the 6pt spacing above for the next style (can be headings, normal text, anything really). I have searched in Options to see if there is a setting to tell Word to ignore spacing when there are two together, but can't find anything. Is there one?For clarity, if I have a Heading 2 which is set to have 6pt spacing above and 12pt spacing below, and then follow it immediately with a Heading 3, with has exactly the same spacing, Word tends to ignore the 6pt spacing which is above Heading 3 and I don't want it to do this. Any suggestions please?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Go to Word Options > Advanced > Layout options (at the bottom). Put a check in the box before "Don't use HTML paragraph auto spacing". The HTML paragraph spacing was apparently added with W2000 (yes 2000 not 2010).

---I only know about this because of a few vocal people who are still mad about the change. Of course I was happy to learn about it because turning it off means I can spec type more like the way I did for typesetters.

Cheers,
    Pam

Lounger
    Thanks
    Fabulous, thankyou! I have been through the options so many times, but failed to see that 'Layout Options' right at the bottom!!

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Slightly off topic, but I loved reading your post when you said "carriage return"...I taught a course recently and kept saying that until a 20-something paralegal said, "what's a carriage return." Oops...showing my age! She actually NEVER used a typewriter in her (brief) life. Brings back memories of 'white-out' also.