2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

My Netgear WG111v3 wireless USB adapter has stopped working.

I have it on a static IP that I set in TCP/IP. I've have the deleted and re-installed the software. All it does is cycle through the channels at times stopping at 10 and not going to 11 where I'm broadcasting. I've checked the MAC address on the router and it's one of the one to accept. When I pull up the Netgear Wizard and go to the About tab the IP address isn't listed it's blank. To me that's the problem but I don't know how to fix it. I've tried the Netgear forums with no help.

What am I missing?

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    The possibility that the router (if it belongs or is tied to your ISP) has been push updated?

With all wireless adapters, I always set Windows to control the connection, rarely had a problem - switch it over and try setting it up again.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I own the router. It was working fine no nothing. I don't think it's DOA because it sees the router.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Have you tried resetting the router to factory defaults then changing to your normal settings?

Joe