3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Here's how to force windows live mail 2011 to resize, attach photos like oe

HURRAY!!!! DISCOVERED SOMEONE FOUND THE WAY TO FORCE WLM 2011 TO RESIZE AND ATTACH SMALLER PHOTO FILE SIZES TO AN EMAIL WITHOUT SKYDRIVE!!!!!!

To the regret of many, the image resizer is gone from Windows Live Mail 2011. Still exists in WLM 2009, though. With 2011 you can no longer select photos using Windows Explorer, resize them and have them attach to your email. The image resizer that did that is gone. Instead, you get a pasted-in image of your picture which shows up in the body of the email. But the attached photo is a full size file which can be many megabytes in size.

I discovered that someone found the way force Windows Live Mail 2011 to behave like Windows Live Mail 2009 and Outlook Express did. You can pick your pictures - one or many - in Windows Explorer, and smaller resized files will be attached to your email. In the body of the email is simply a list of the photo numbers - exactly as it was in Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail 2009. Below is how you do this.

Here is where I learned this: http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-...lm-2011-a.html

See the message by CAR who has my everlasting gratitude for coming up with this awesomely simple and efficient solution!!!!!

What you do is create a small text file in the same folder as the one where you plan to get the pictures from. Save with any name - such as SmallTextFile.txt. Now select your photos - one or many - and include your small text file. Right click, choose Send-To: Mail recipient, Click that, and you will get an image resize window. Pick your size and click ATTACH. Your email will open with the small file size photos attached. You will *not* see the images of your attached photos in the body of the email. You will just see a list of photo numbers. You can now go up to the attached files and delete your small text file and go into the body of the email and delete the name of the small text file so people won't be looking for it.

The beauty of this is that you do not use an external resizer which causes you to have to save the small resized photo files someplace - possibly right in with your full size files in your Windows My Pictures folder (or whatever you've named it). So these extra small files are not sitting there taking up space.

The danger is that Microsoft will discover this workaround and wreck it.

Interestingly enough, though, that means the image resizer IS hidden in Windows 7 somewhere. Anyone able to take a crack at locating it? I'd like to get my hands on it. Maybe there is a way to put it into the next version of WLM if they circumvent this workaround and ruin it.
    Last edited by kelliann1; 2012-02-05 at 19:14.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I wanted to change the thread title to say 2011 not 2o11! But I can't. Edit Post only lets me edit the body of the message. Can a moderator do this? I am using a new computer and keep getting my fingers on the wrong keys! (so frustrating!)

Thanks
    You can edit title if you use the Advanced Editor
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you, Ted. I just fixed it.

Kelliann