Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2007 rules

Is there a way in outlook 2007 to use the auto rules or any other feature to save and email to the users desktop once it's received in the mailbox? I'm curious to know if it's possible to save the actual email msg and if it's possible to save an attachement from an email to a users desktop. My work is placing limitations on email scripting and I'm no longer permitted to use MAPI for auto reading emails and saving files as needed. I was wondering if there were any other options in outlook that could handle emails upon receipt and take the action of saving the email or attachements on the users pc. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks!

bkwsl
    there are number of VBscripts available. Are you sure can't run VBA scripts in your Outlook ? I dont think you can easily automate outlook functions other than VBA.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    currently we can run VBA scripts in outlook. I'm being told that later this year, some email scripting including the use of MAPI will be restricted. I'm looking for alternative solutions now so that I don't have my processes fail because I can longer use MAPI. If anybody has any VBA examples they could show me or any other suggestions on how to save emails and attachments to a users desktop. I would appreciate it. Thanks!!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I believe this add-on can save messages and attachments as PDFs when they arrive (but I don't know if it needs MAPI or VBA):

Save As PDF Add-In for Microsoft Outlook

Bruce
    Last edited by BruceR; 2012-02-16 at 13:32.