Thread: IE9, Win 7

New Lounger
    Thanks

IE9, Win 7

My operating system is win7 home premium. Explorer.exe opens the programs on your computer. Lately I have been getting a message stating; "Explorer.exe has stopped responding" and everything just hangs up.

Restarting explorer.exe, or restarting the computer seems to be the only way to resume
    working.

I am looking for a fix, anyone?
    Last edited by Corky245; 2012-02-14 at 17:05.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think that question needs far more details before anyone can attempt an intelligent reply.

Explorer.exe freezing up when starting ANY program?

What's the relevance of IE9?

Bruce

Thanks
    Stolen from the Windows Technet Forums:
    How to ask a question efficiently
    Thank you for posting in TechNet forum. The online problem solving can be relatively time consuming because it may demand several messages back and force to fully understand the symptom and background, especially at the very beginning. Here are a few suggestions that help you get the best answer to your question as quickly as possible.

When You Ask

1. Selecting a good title which summarizes the specific problem you have. It will be the one of the main driving forces for others to want to actually read your item. Choosing a badly-formatted title will drive people away, thinking that since the title is so badly written, so must be the information and the question within the thread.

2. Provide all the necessary information in your initial post. The following information would be very helpful:
    - Symptom description: Detailed description of the problem. If you receive any error messages, please let us know the exact error WORD BY WORD.
    - Environment: The system environment, such as your OS/application version, your network topology, and your domain environment, etc.
    - Any recent relevant configuration change(s): If the issue started to occur after installing any application/updates or changing the configuration, please let us know.
    - Any additional information. Tell what you have done prior to asking your question. This will help us understand that you've done so far.

3. Write in a clear language. Avoiding spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. Don't type IN ALL CAPS, which in most cases is read as shouting and considered rude.

4. Keep with the same thread. Do not refer to a post you made last year, and above all, Please come back. There are hundreds and thousands of posts where we have seen people given great and wonderfully long answers yet no reply from the original poster.

5. Be courteous to reply, even if it's to say. "I've given up" or thanks that worked. (This helps the whole community when you do this, and makes the people who donate time, warm and fuzzies.)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jwitalka For This Useful Post:

CLiNT (2012-02-09),Deadeye81 (2012-02-09),jshiii (2012-02-26),Medico (2012-02-08)

Thanks
    Very nice find Jerry. Many of the problems we are asked to solve are difficult simply because it takes so long to get all the info needed. It's even harder because we cannot actually see the PC in question. Thanks for an informative discussion on how to properly supply info needed.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Thanks, I might be stealing that one on occasion too.

Thanks
    Thanks Jerry,

That is a great summary to refer other Lounger's to in the future. I have noted this thread.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you noticed how the OP hasn't been back to clarify??

Zig

Thanks
    The OP has posted an almost exact duplicate of this question in the Forum Feedback, Questions and Announcements Forum, with similar lack of any necessary information.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's much the same with telephone tech support although the time is shorter. I have been on both sides of those calls.

One thing that does irk me is when you (seemingly) supply relevant information, the person on the other end replies as though he had never even read your question. I admit this happens more with corporate tech support than in places like the Lounge.

Thanks
    @Corky245,

I have removed your duplicate thread in the Forum Feedback, Questions, and Announcements Forum. Posting the same problem in two forums is cross posting and is a violation of the Forum Rule #14. Please review the Forum Rules as members are required to know and abide by the Forum Rules. You can find them under the FAQ link at the top of the Lounge page.

If you really want assistance for your issue, please provide more detail as the Loungers in this thread have requested.

Please confine you posting concerning this issue to this thread.