Thanks

Changing Word highlight colors

Is there any way to adjust the default selection of highlight colors in Word 2007? Maybe some registry hack?

What exists by default is mostly unusable for highlighting for me. What I want is lighter pastel colors that are less intense than what you see below.

Word highlight colors.png

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    As far as I know there is no ability to change or add to the highlight colors. You can use shading, though. --Notice the little pot in the Paragraph group of the Home tab. It has many more colors in its palette and you can specify others. It is in the paragraph formatting group, but it acts as character formatting if you do not apply it to the whole paragraph. One drawback is that it is ordinary formatting and does not have the special properties of highlighting—for example, you can use clear formatting to get rid of it.

HTH,
    Pam

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PamCaswell View Post
    As far as I know there is no ability to change or add to the highlight colors. You can use shading, though. --Notice the little pot in the Paragraph group of the Home tab. It has many more colors in its palette and you can specify others. It is in the paragraph formatting group, but it acts as character formatting if you do not apply it to the whole paragraph. One drawback is that it is ordinary formatting and does not have the special properties of highlighting—for example, you can use clear formatting to get rid of it.

HTH,
    Pam
    OK, that could work. Is there any way to customize the small pop-up that comes up when you highlight something or right-click it after highlighting you add the shade function? This would make it easier to apply than to have to go to the ribbon each time.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    When you right click on the shading icon, you get a choice to add it to the QAT. For any one session, the colors used will show in the Recent Colors section of the drop-down menu.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PamCaswell For This Useful Post:

ibe98765 (2012-02-07)