New Lounger
    Thanks

Internet Explorer 5.5, PS2 (IE 5.5, SP2; IE 6)

I'm wondering if other people have encountered the same problem with IE5.5, SP2 that I have. Whenever I open a Word document from within IE, the document itself opens fine, but then I can't go anywhere else - not back, not forward. I get an error message that says "Internet Explorer has encountered an internal error." It then shuts down and restarts IE. I didn't have this problem before upgrading to 5.5 SP2, so I tried going back down to 5.0. Then I get an "illegal operation" error, and the whole thing shuts down. I then tried going up further to 6.0, but get the "internal error" again. When I first did the upgrade to 6.0, it worked great for most of the day. Once I rebooted my computer, I had the same problem again. This occurs no matter what site I am on when I open a Word document. I've already tried disabling the antivirus software, and that didn't help.

I have encountered this problem on three different computers, all of which are P4's, and are running either Office 2000 or Office XP with Windows 98 SE. The other computers around here have not been upgraded to the 5.5, SP2.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Nancy

Thanks

Re: Internet Explorer 5.5, PS2 (IE 5.5, SP2; IE 6)

Not very specific, I'm afraid, but anything in this KB point to something?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q276/3/93.ASP>Q276393</A> Unrecoverable Errors Such as "Invalid Page Faults" or "General Protection Faults" in Internet Explorer