4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Losing Taskbar Icon when program updates

When I have updated programs my icons on the taskbar have turned into just a plain white rectangle that looks like a piece of paper. They still work, when I click them, the program starts.

I have had this happen twice now, once with Nitro PDF and now with Evernote. The icon has stayed correct when I click the Start Ball but not on the Taskbar. With Nitro PDF, I just dragged the icon for the updated program down to the taskbar and deleted the old icon, figuring it was a problem with the update. Now it has happened with Evernote and I am starting to wonder if it is a problem with Windows 7. Has anyone else run into this? Any good ideas on restoring the icon, or is the add and delete scheme the best way to go? Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think this is normal behavior, if the upgrade happens to change the name of the program folder or file. On the start menu, the upgrade installs a new shortcut with icon. But the installation routine doesn't usually check whether you've also pinned it to the taskbar, so that shortcut doesn't get updated with the new folder or file name. Carry on with your add and delete scheme, as it shouldn't happen too often.

Bruce

Thanks
    Try right clicking on the icon, then right click again on the application and select properties. Click on the change icon button and see if the proper icon is there.

Jerry