New Lounger
    Thanks

Internet Security App for a Tablet

My wife just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1. She is using it mainly for emails and surfing. I know very little about tablets, but if you browse the web without protection it seems you are susceptible to a virus, malware, or worse. Realizing that nothing is 100% protection, can anyone recommend a tablet app for Android Honeycomb that is effective in keeping most harmful viruses, malware, etc. out?
    Thank you.

Thanks
    Bag, Welcome to the Lounge as a new poster.

There are many free AV apps listed on the Android Market. Just search Av free and see these and many more (search from the market on your tablet). I use AVG Antivirus Pro (small fee) on my Android phone and AVG Antivirus on my Nook Color Android Tablet.
    Last edited by Medico; 2012-02-10 at 12:06.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Webroot has two apps, one free and one paid; they both are good. I have Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete which protects three computers and three android devices - mobile phones or tablets. I have an android mobile phone which I believe as protected as one may be way out on the range of the wild west. Download Webroot's free app if you don't want to pay for the Premier. You are still well protected from malware. The Premier adds features such as locate in case of loss or if stolen, remote erase of all data on the mobile.

You can find these Webroot apps on the Android market.
    Last edited by saint satin stain; 2012-02-12 at 13:59.
    saint satin stain
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing. Emo Philips