New Lounger
    Thanks

Black Screen w Moving Pointer - But NOT w Ubuntu 11.10

Win 7 Pro SP1 black screen with mouse pointer. Black screen also appears in Safe Mode as well as after formatting HDD and re-installation of Win 7 Pro SP1 64-bit.

After formatting and Win 7 installation, the PC behaves normally as I re-load apps and updates. Then, after a re-boot, the black screen returns.

I use 2 different imaging apps for backup, Ahead@DiskImage (image on external HDD) and Clickfree C6 in its own external box.

Ahead@DiskImage fails in restoring the PC. The Clickfree C6 imaging apparatus succeeds in restoring, but it doesn't last more than a few hours before the black screen returns.

Right now, my PC (SONY all-in-one, VPCL116FX) has been running on Linux for 2 days with no problems. I was not able to dual boot Linux and Windows. I would like to have Windows 7 working again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
    Updating Graphics card drivers might solve the problem. If reinstallation does not work (as shown in the MS link above) perhaps a visit to the graphics adapter manufacturer site or even the Sony site to update the drivers.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy