New Lounger
    Thanks

System Restore Fails

Recovery Drive D:\ is full and System Restore fails. Additionally, there appear to be no, i.e. zero, System Restore Points registered. D:\ cannot be defragged because there isn't enough free space to accomplish defrag. At the moment, SDystem Restore & D:\ are useless. Google on this problem offers no resolution. Any ideas for resolution are welcome. Arshan

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshan View Post
    Recovery Drive D:\ is full and System Restore fails. Additionally, there appear to be no, i.e. zero, System Restore Points registered. D:\ cannot be defragged because there isn't enough free space to accomplish defrag.
    Arshan,
    Hello... Is "Recovery drive D:" a factory installed recovery partition? System Restore will recover you C: ( won't touch your D: Recovery partition) if some registry problem occurs because of say a software install gone wrong....If you deleted something you shouldn't have ..."System Restore" won't be of any help..I know it's very misleading... A full OS "Image" (Windows or 3rd party) will recover your OS if something "bad happens" . Is D: a separate Hard Drive ? and why are you trying to do the "System Restore" thing ? Regards Fred

PS: If your "Recovery Drive D:" is indeed a factory installed partition ...there is no need to "De-Frag" it
    Last edited by Just Plain Fred; 2012-02-10 at 16:18.
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Plain Fred For This Useful Post:

Arshan (2012-02-14)

Thanks
    System restore will set itself up to create restore points on every drive in a system. Oft times on drives that do not need to be monitored.

So, I open up the System Restore program and on the left side of the window is a link to "System Restore Settings".
    Click that and you will have a box showing all your drives and which ones that are being 'Monitored'.
    Drive C: should be Monitored. Click on any other drive that's showing 'Monitored' and then click settings and then click the box beside "Turn off System Restore for this drive" and that drive will no longer be Monitored.
    Do that for all other drives.
    Once System Restore is turned off for a drive, the restore points saved on that drive should disappear after you reboot.

Give that a try.
    Then clean up your computer's HD's to give yourself more space.
    I removed over a gigabyte of JUNK from a customer's hard drive yesterday,
    by doing a thorough cleaning and then UN-Installing every program that they don't need or use.
    Then start looking for a larger hard drive.

Cheers Mate,
    The Doctor
    Experience is truly the best teacher.

Backup! Backup! Backup! GHOST Rocks!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DrWho For This Useful Post:

Arshan (2012-02-14)