New Lounger
    Thanks

Smile Cannot install driver

i have just upgraded my computer, changed my hard drive around, put more ram in, and now i cannot get the marvel libertas 802.11 b/g wireless Lan client adapter to update it has a n exclamation mark on it i have uninstalled it, updated driver, tried it in safe mode with networking, gone to the manufacturer website and down loaded the driver restarted computer says it installing device driver then error cannot install.
    Any help appreciated.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I suggest you delete the wireless card from device manager and reboot the computer. See what happens then, whether Windows assigns the right driver or lets you choose a new one.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have done that many times, i have also tried manually installing the driver.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Is there a log file which gives you more detail about the error? Are you trying to install a 32-bit driver on a 64-bit OS?

Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Joe just gives me a code 10 This device cannot start. 32 bit driver windows vista business.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi joe i have tried that and made no difference, and the strange thing is the driver can work for hours with out a problem then all of a sudden it goes down and have to restart computer several times or restart modem.
    Pauline

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paulinea View Post
    i have just upgraded my computer, changed my hard drive around, put more ram in,
    Any help appreciated.
    paulinea,
    Hello...Just another approach ...As i do not believe in coincidences... If it worked before you "Upgraded" ...and now it doesn't ...I would ..
    1. Boot into BIOS and make sure that your PC sees the new RAM ...You can also get this free program to look as well Speccy

2. What exactly do you mean by "changed my hard drive around"?

Post back with your results... Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Fred,
    Before I changed the hdd around the (c) hdd was 30gb and my 2nd hdd was 500gb so changed the 30gb to the 2nd hdd and partitioned the 500gb so one part was for the o/s and the 2nd part for storage and that then become my (c) drive, then I added an extra 2gb ram which then made it 3gb all up. and that’s when I noticed the Marvell libertas 802.11 b/g wireless Lan client adapter became unstable, the bios is seeing the new ram, I am starting to think it is to do with the modem as the problem is still there if I plug the usb adapter from the modem into any slot on my pc.What are your thoughts on that.
    Regards Pauline

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paulinea View Post
    What are your thoughts on that.
    pauline,
    Hello...The reason i asked is that i have a "Multi Boot" PC ...And when i switch things around ( partition and HD's) some programs ( like Acronis comes to mind) would start acting "Wonky" Question..

1. Did you format the smaller OS HD after moving it , and using it for storage?... In other words does it still have some of the old OS and things on it?

2.If so your program might be confused ( much like me most times) Search the former OS HD for remnants of the program (driver) in question Use a free program UltraFileSearch

3. If you find anything remove all traces ..If this is not the case I would remove the program (driver) from your new OS HD (Registry included) and try re-installing as an "Administrator" Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Plain Fred For This Useful Post:

paulinea (2012-03-12)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Fred,
    Thanks for your help, i did format the smaller OS hd before moving it, but i did find traces of the driver in the registry which i removed, then i re-install the driver as administrator and it install with no problems and working good now.
    Regards Pauline