New Lounger
    Thanks

Cursor Snapto Doesn't work in Win 7

I've googled this and tried every solution I came across, but so far no joy.

The cursor Snapto feature is not working in my brand new, just out of the box,
    Win7 Home Premium machine. It works fine with my other XP box. Brand new mouse,
    updated drivers, still no function. I'm not the only one either. Google it and see that it's
    happening all over. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box is checked? And it doesn't work anywhere in Windows or any program?

Although a few people for whom this doesn't work seem to blame it on Windows 7, I'm not sure it's a general Windows 7 problem and it seems to work for most people.

(Both Chrome and Firefox appear to have had past bugs in relation to this function.)

So; what programs, mouse and PC?

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes the box is checked. And yes, it doesn't work on ANY system dialog box such as Save To, or Copy To etc.
    Gateway box, Gateway mouse. Mouse drivers updated.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    how do you get to a system dialog box such as save to/ copy to etc? As it is working fine on my win 7HP. even when opening the mouse settings in control panel the mouse goes automatically to the OK button but cannot test your method as the only system dialog that has copy and move to is the right click which will never have this as there are more than those options so cannot choose a default one.
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Hi Guys,

I just tested this on my machine and I can't find a dialog where it will not snap to the default button. Win 7 64Bit SP-1.
    As Clive stated could you give us some specific actions to get to a dialog that is giving you problems.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Not too sure about a Gateway mouse. I have a MS Intellimouse that uses Intellimouse drivers. The file ipoint.exe needs to be loaded for such things as Snap-to to work. Are you sure that you are not just using a generic mouse driver that does not have these advanced features?