Thanks

Rebates - Real life

-------- Original Message --------
    To: xxxxxx
    Subject: Rebate Processed
    Date: 7 Feb 2012 10:41:10 -0500

Dear xxxxxxxx,

We are pleased to inform you that your rebate, with the Basic service level you selected has been processed and approved on 02/07/2012.

Your Amex(r) Reward Card will be mailed within 8-10 weeks . Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Feb 7, 2012 12:18:29 PM
    Subject: Re: Rebate Processed

Wonderful!

But why will it take 8-10 weeks to get the card to me now? Does it have to be hand printed and shipped on a slow boat from China?

-----Original Message-----
    Subject: RE: Re: Rebate Processed
    Date: 7 Feb 2012 12:31
    To: xxxxxx

Thank you for your email.

Customer satisfaction is very important to us and as such, we will respond to your email, answering any and all questions within the next 2 business days excluding weekends.

Your rebate has been approved as of 2/7/2012. It takes 8-10 weeks from the date of approval for the rebate payment to be issued and sent out.

Alexandra
    Customer Service number 1-888-822-2920

=========

Of course, I did not receive a reply within the 2 business days promised above.

But really, WHY will it take 8-1o weeks to get the rebate card to me now? They have to be processing and sending out rebates on an almost daily basis. Seriously, once they approve a rebate, do they then say "OK, stick it in the 8 weeks from today box. We'll load it and mail it then"?

Thanks
    They figure if they have a 1000 people with $100 rebates coming then they can make money on that $100,000 for 2 months. Now if that 1000 people becomes 10,000 people, even at today's rates of cd's, they make money. Now on real popular products look at the amounts of money they can make. Then add to that the amount of people that say it's not worth sending in for the rebate then waiting for 2 months for the rebate??? You would be surprised how many times that happens.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Not filing for a rebate is different than someone having already been approved. Perhaps they don't want to issue the rebate to soon because it might cause more people to actually file for them?

Thanks
    That's what I'm thinking. Many people say why bother if it's going to take 2 months. Either way, they are mega bucks ahead of the game!
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I hate rebates...You wait and wait and if you are lucky you get it or they send you a letter saying you didn't send in the UPC seal, which of course you did...

What I have done, and it works most of the time, is ask the place, like Newegg, to reduce the price of the item to reflect the rebate and they almost always give me the item at the lower price.

Try that the next time you are offered a rebate..
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"