New Lounger
    Thanks

Collation Error MS ACCESS 2010

Good morning Loungers!
    i have a quick question, which i hope will yeild simple answers, however, i have learnt that access isnt always simple!

I have 2 tables, both in the same database, both with the collation of Latin1_General_CI_AS.

Another member of our team brings them into access to make queries based on them.
    EDIT : The Query itself only joins the 2 tables together on Patient Identifier and Admission date as a composite key.

We have had these queries running for over a year, and with no changes (as far as we can tell) it has suddenly decided it doesnt like the colation. this is the error message i get!

CollationError.png

i have googled about a bit, and discovered that collate doesnt seem to work in ACCES queries (i hope this is wrong) however when i have tried it anyway, i get a syntax error.

Is there any other way of resolving this issue?

I have tried re-linking the tables, i have tried colating the query in access to a specific collation, i even tried compacting and repairing the database (straws were being clutched!)

I'm really at a loss and any help would be greatly recieved! Thank you!

Chris
    Last edited by crtheo; 2012-02-13 at 05:52.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    This has been resolved.

after reading another article online i discovered this thing called "Aolumn level collation" given the fact it has cause me problems and a mornigns worth of work, i have decided that its a waste of space and just plain annoying!

Either way i have resolved the issue.

thanks.