3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Transfer numbers for summary sheets

I am hoping you can help me achieve what I need to do to make a foolproof spreadsheet for my boss' weekly log payments.

First request -- On the attachment, the sheets numbered #1 and #2 -- when I enter information on sheet #1 I would like the total number of loads to transfer as a summary by the vendor to sheet #2 (under "# Loads").

The second request isn't critical if it can't be done, but it would be great if I could get a vendor summary on sheets numbered 3 through 5 based on if there is an entry in the "Ticket #" fields. I am currently having to manually copy and paste.

Not sure if any of this can be accomplished using Excel 2003, Vs. 11, SP3. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    In Sheet2 cell M6 you could use the formula:=IF(J6="","",SUMIF(Sheet1!$A$6:$B$51,J6,Sh eet1!$D$6:$D$51))and copy it down to M7:M51For the second request, I don't see the advantage of new sheets. Why not just add a filter (select A5:H51 and then I think it was in xl2003 data - filter - autofilter) and you will have little filter arrows on each header. Select the desired company, selct that the "Ticket number field" is not blank and the page will look like your "extracted pages" without doing any copying or pasting...Steve

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay, thanks! I will print this off and work on it and let you know how it goes.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Okay, the first formula you gave me worked perfectly. Thanks so much! However, what I need to accomplish in generating separate sheets for each vendor is I have to send a copy of their activity for the week with their check, but only to the ones with ticket numbers. So the filtering suggestion won't work for this. Any other suggestions??