3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Konica Minolta magicolor 4690MF

Does anyone have an answer as to why printing a file that contains a macros takes so long? I didn't have this problem with my HP. I have an Excel file that uses a macro to consecutively number pallet sheets from 1 to 22. The file merges perfectly but the printing takes FOREVER! It prints the first sheet then hesitates about 5 seconds before printing the next one instead of spitting them out immediately. I wasn't sure if there is a setting on the printer itself or in the printer settings on my computer to fix this.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you tried to print multiple page docs without macros to see if it is actually the macros doing it?
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, multiple page documents print quickly. The only difference between that and multiple page print jobs with macros is the macros.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    if you have cutewriter installed which is a virtual printer that converts the documents to PDF. you could try printing it to this virtual printer first and save it to a folder of your choice. then open the PDF file and print to your normal printer from there. It might print to the virtual printer much quicker so overall paper printing takes less time.

Just an Idea
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I will try that and see. Thanks!