New Lounger
    Thanks

Inserting text after endnotes

Word makes it difficult to insert text, such as a list of references or index after endnotes. I have seen advice on doing this by adding a Section break and changing settings to add endnotes at the end of the section rather than at the end of the document. My problem is that I have a large document for a whole book set up with each chapter in a separate section. So, the file has multiple section breaks. Is there any way that I can still get the final bits of text inserted after my endnotes, as is usual with published manuscripts?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Not really a direct solution, but can you put the post-endnote content into a separate document?

If you were for example, publishing the completed book to a PDF, you could combine the two Word documents into the final PDF.

Gary

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    You can do this by setting the endnotes to appear at the end of a section and then postpone them until the next to the last section.

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...TextAfterNotes

HTH,
    Pam
    Last edited by PamCaswell; 2012-02-14 at 11:45. Reason: To add link to better instructions

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks for the very helpful response. Apologies for the delayed thanks - unable to get back here until now.