Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for all your input. Some of the suggestions don't quite work for my IE9 in terms of getting to the pop-up blocker. I did some more research and found it by clicking the gear, then internet options, privacy tab, etc. It appears my pop-up blocker is on, set at a medium level. I don't want to go to a higher level.

I did check the add-ons and I didn't see any suspicious toolbars. The only ones I use are Roboform and Norton.

I understand some pop-up are just informative or asking if I want to open something I just d/l. I still don't like the advertising pop-ups. As I said, this is mostly on Yahoo-related sights (Yahoo Sports, etc.)

Mel

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well, I did find...

Using Control Panel, I did find Google Toobar for Internet Explorer. But I do not see such a toolbar when I run IE. Anyway, I uninstalled that. Could that be the culprit?

Mel

Thanks
    It's hard to say. It could have been. See if you continue to have the questionable pop ups after the uninstalls.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I think I have the solution. It happened to me and I was able to get rid of it. Did you install Skype? If you did, go to the control panel and look up "Programs and Features." Do a sort on the date of installation and see what else was installed on that same day. I had two browser programs and one "feature package" program on my system that came courtesy of Skype. I uninstalled those and the problem went away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12