New Lounger
    Calgary AB Canada

Win 7 backup won't run

Fully patched Win 7 OS
    When I click "start" then type "backup" in the search bar then choose "Backup your computer" nothing further happens.
    I have tried going directly to "Control Panel" with the same result
    How do I launch Win 7 backup?

You have tried both methods that I would have used if I actually used Win 7 Backup and Restore. I just tried both and the Backup and Restore window did open. Iactually use Acronis True Image Home for my Imaging needs and just drag and drop for data backup (my data backup needs are minimal) Many others have used numerous other Imaging apps discussed in the Security and Backups Forum.

I might try to run sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt to see if it finds and fixes any problems. To run an elevated command prompt, find command prompt (All Programs, Accessories) right Command Prompt click and choose Run as Administrator.
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

California & Arizona
    Verify that the Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) service is running.
    Ensure that any of your other software programs are not interfering with Windows 7 backup and restore.
    See if Windows 7 backup and restore can be run from a clean boot.
    Check inside the event viewer to see if there are any errors relating to Windows 7 backup & restore.
    Run the Windows 7 - SFC /SCANNOW Command to see if a repair can be effected.