New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows 7 font folder

Installation of TurboTax 2011 failed because it couldn't find Arial and Verdana fonts. But they are installed and are visible in Fonts Manager but not in the Windows\Fonts folder--and I have unchecked all hide files/folders boxes I can find. Intuit has posted a fix for this--either go to the fonts folder and do restore previous versions, which I cannot do because this is a new computer, or reinstall fonts somehow, which I have tried, but they still don't show up.

And Intuit, as usual, doesn't respond to the final suggestion, contact us--well, it did, but all they said was we have no answer.

So I will be very grateful for any and all suggestions as to how I can get the TTax installer to understand that the fonts it needs really are there, just not in the folder it wants.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have you tried Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Fonts > Font settings > Restore default font settings.

It worked for a few TurboTax users last year: How do I find and activate missing fonts in Windows 7?

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks

Doesn't work...

I tried it and even reset the computer. No luck. Thanks for trying.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you have them in Fonts manager is it possible to copy and paste them in windows fonts folder even if only the ones turbo tax requires
    Clive

All typing errors are my own work and subject to patents pending. Except errors by the spell checker. And that has its own patients.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

edit

I found this in the Turbo Tax Forum: http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/Install-Product/Error-7284---TurboTax-has-detected-one-or-more-invalid-fonts-and-is-unable-to-continue-/SLN12421.html

T
    he second fix might be just what you need--it changes the settings for fonts because of language settings.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If it's an HP/Compaq, see the solution here for TurboTax 2011 and missing fonts:

Not able to open Turbo Tax - Seems to be something unique to HP's installation of fonts on Windows 7. (Final/7th post)

Bruce