New Lounger
    Thanks

Exclamation MS Word Table of Contents and RD field

Hello Everyone,

I currently have a TOC in Word that pulls in the information from three different files. My TOC looks like this:

{TOC \O "1-3" \H \Z \U}

{RD "C:\\Documents and Settings\\rvasquez\\Desktop\\Files\\Employee Requests\\Tony T\\Safety Section.docx"}

{RD "C:\\Documents and Settings\\rvasquez\\Desktop\\Files\\Employee Requests\\Tony T\\Manual Health Section.docx"}

{RD "C:\\Documents and Settings\\rvasquez\\Desktop\\Files\\Employee Requests\\Tony T\\Section.docx"}

I would like to add text before each TOC so that it has the file title before each one. I tried the following code:

INTRODUCTION

SECTION I - ADMIN
    {TOC \O "1-3" \H \Z \U}

{RD "C:\\Documents and Settings\\rvasquez\\Desktop\\Files\\Employee Requests\\Tony T\\Safety Section.docx"}

SECTION II - HEALTH
    {RD "C:\\Documents and Settings\\rvasquez\\Desktop\\Files\\Employee Requests\\Tony T\\Manual Health Section.docx"}

SECTION II -SAFETY
    {RD "C:\\Documents and Settings\\rvasquez\\Desktop\\Files\\Employee Requests\\Tony T\\Section.docx"}

But the only titles that show up are the Introduction and Section I Administration lines.

Does anyone know how to add text in between each TOC?

Thanks!

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    The addditional text stops the TOC. You'll need to repeat the TOC field codeafter each interruption (I mean, you'll have to have separate TOCs after each Section head). Better, you can include the main headings in the heading scheme.

Pam

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Pam,

Thank you for your answer. If I'm reading your response correctly your stating to do the following?

INTRODUCTION

SECTION I - ADMIN
    {TOC \O "1-3" \H \Z \U}

SECTION II - HEALTH
    {TOC \O "1-3" \H \Z \U}

SECTION II -SAFETY
    {TOC \O "1-3" \H \Z \U}

If this was your suggestion I already tried this and it works in the aspect that it puts in the string of the Text I would like to seperate each TOC but it fails in the aspect that it includes all three TOC's everytime under each section.

If this is not what you were suggesting could you please provide me an example of a code I could use?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by RVASQUEZ; 2012-02-20 at 15:45.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Sorry, that's what I (thought I) remembered doing a few years ago. There's another way to get the titles in without manual typing. If the titles appear in the text and have a unique style, you can switch to a heading-based TOC (instead of paragraph outline level). It would look like this:

{TOC \h \z \t "title,1, Headings 1,2, Heading 2,3, Heading 3,4"}

followed by the RD codes.