New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Macro Enabled Workbook Issue

Hello Everyone,

I am desperatly needing some help as I'm at wits end with it

I work within our IT dept at my work and have users using a certain macro enabled workbook, most users are working fine but there has and is been a couple where an issue has arrised.

Opening up a macro enabled excel spreadsheet, where users log in jobs, you can type into a text box and press a command button to bring up the print preview of what your going to print, but when this is pressed the toolbars crash, if you minimize the spreadsheet and reopen the toolbars go missing completely and you can see the desktop. I have tried allsorts to try and figure out what it is.

This particular persons machine was another users who it worked perfect with, I had to reinstall office and now the issue is happning.

I hope someone can give me some ideas, should you need anymore information please get in touch

thanks
    emma

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Emma,

Welcome to the lounge as a poster.

I don't have any ideas off the top of my head but it would be very useful if you could:
    • Specify the version of Excel you are using.
    • Specify the version of Windows you are using.
    • Tell us how the, I assume the toolbars are custom ones, toolbars are created.
    • Anything you can tell us about how these machines might be different from the others.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

New Lounger
    Thanks

Talking

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The version of Office is 2007,
    Working on XP.
    The toolbar should come up the same as it does when it does a print preview, i.e. with the printer function in the top left.

The machines are not different at all, they all are the same and Office is installed excatly the same way as others.

It worked before a reinstallation of Office - but I cannot think what is different as to what it was before

sorry i cant give you much more information, i thought maybe this may be a add-in issue so i enabled/disabled add-ins, I made sure macros were allowed in the trust centre, and so many other little things. THought maybe someone could suggest me trying something else

thanks

Thanks
    Emma,

When you re-installed did you Un-install 1st? If not, you might try that and run CCleaner after to make sure the registry gets tidied up. Then reboot, re-install, and apply patches & service packs.

After the re-install did you make sure all updates & service packs were installed like the other machines?
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs