Thanks

Word 2000 problem or HP printer problem

My friend has an HP 6000 ink jet printer and it seems that there is a problem with either the Word program or the printer is ignoring the margins when any double sided page is printed.
    When a MS word page is set up with .5 on the top and bottom margins and printed using the "print on both sides" funtion of the above printer the printed documents top and bottom margins wind up at at least 1.0 or more.
    The margins are never compromised when printing on one side of a page.
    This only happens when using MS word.
    Is there a way to trouble shoot the word software to find the problem if it is in the word software.
    HP has claimed it is the word program and/or the PC.
    I have searched the web looking for any problem that is like this one. and have found nothing.
    My opinion is it is in the printer software, but there must be a way to thoroughly check out the word program to prove it is OK or at fault, or it is the printer.
    Can someone help with this problem?
    Catz

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You can determine whether it is Word or the printer driver by saving the document to PDF and then printing the PDF double sided.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Thanks
    I could only save the document in word 2000 as a web page. Once that was done I printed the document using the double side function and the top and bottom margins were ignored again. Which is at fault here the printer or the word program?
    Catz

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It sounds like the printer driver is causing it. Do you get the same problem with other programs eg. Excel, Powerpoint, Acrobat Reader?
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Thanks
    No, he dores not get the same problem with the excel program. The only time there is a problem is when an ms word document is needed to be printed on both sides.
    I am wondering if the software that came with the printer is in some way messing up the ms word program? HP claims it is his pc that is at fault.
    Catz

Thanks
    Found the problem. It turned out to be the HP 6000 printer and its software. Once that was removed and another printer was installed, the microsoft Word problem ceased to exist. There has to be something wrong with the printer because the software and drivers were also downloaded just incase there was something wrong with the CD. After the dowenload, the same problem showed up with Word. HP is still stating that it is not there product. Guess my friend has a bit of a problem on his hands with HP. This is not the first time I have seen this type of attitude come from HP
    Catz