qaz

Thunderbird e-mail takes long time to send

hi
    can anyone suggest why thunderbird 7.01 emails take long time to send [no attachments] . if you cancel sending and restart it the email will send normaly. this only happens on one of my 3 accounts.

using xp

thanx

Thanks
    The newest version is 10.0.2;https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
    I hope this helps.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

qaz
    that did it

thanks mark

qaz
    didnt work for long, anyone got any more ideas lol

Lounger
    Thanks
    I occassionally have problems with Thunderbird sending emails. I will get the progress bar for sending mail, but it takes several seconds to get past the start, or it stays up for a while after the bar shows 100%. In my case, it seems to be an issue of the SMTP server being temporarily overloaded. Several of my email accounts are hosted with Google apps, and I see this happen with those accounts more often. I don't believe there is anything wrong, just that the mail servers sometimes get busy. If I cancel and send the email again, it usually goes much faster. I usually don't see this any more than say once a week or less. I am not sure if that is your situation.

The other thing I have noticed is if the accounts are not configured properly, Thunderbird seems to wait a long time trying to set up the connection. So you might check the configurations. especially the password and type of security used in the authentication. On a few occassions Thunderbird has seemed to lose my stored password. It will take a long time to respond, then give me a text entry box asking for the password. If I reenter the correct password for the mail account, it has always worked. That is very rare.

qaz
    hi

this happens as u describe, it works immediately: "cancel and send the email again, it usually goes much faster".

another question if u dont mind. in version v 10.02 i have tryed in vain to find how to make my replys start at the top of the existing message and not the bottom

i will check configuration too
    thanks very much

Lounger
    Thanks
    In TB 10.0.2, I still have the option for replying in the same place. Under Account Settings > Name of email > Composition and Addressing. Click check box to "automatically quote the original message when replying. Then select "start my reply above the quote" or whichever option you want.

qaz
    ah, no wonder i couldnt find it i always forget about acct settings ....done now

thanks again