Thread: explorer sort

Lounger
    Thanks

explorer sort

On some folders, I like to sort them by the date. When I do this, close the folder and open it back up, it's seems to be automatically sorted by the title. How do I fix this?

Thanks
    After setting how you want, right click on empty space and 'Refresh' usually works.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Lounger
    Thanks
    That fixed it. When I first click on that folder, it takes a few seconds before it shows the proper sort. It shows the title sort first, then the date sort. Thanks, Joe

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you mean you want to keep them sorted by date, sort them by date and then in the menu, Tools>>Folder options>>View tab>>Apply to folders.

This will apply to all similar type folders so it may also sort some folders that you want to retain the alphabetical title order sort on, and to make that work I think you have to put one set of folders in a dissimilar type folder environment or access them from two different user accounts, each with separate folder views.

Windows 7 is a really slow sorter but if its not so many files in a folder and its only one or two folders you want that way, its probably best just to put up with sorting by date each time you open it.