Lounger
    Thanks

Pin to Start Menu from Taskbar

In Woody's article, 'The Windows Start menu super guide -- Part I', he mentions:"When you right-click a Taskbar icon, you get the jump list and there is no option to Pin to Start Menu. But there's a trick. All the items on your Taskbar are stored as shortcuts in the folder c:\users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar. "

Just wanted to mention that this is close, but not quite. I decided to follow Woody's advice, and go looking for this mysterious folder (found the folder), but my currently-running app wasn't in there. It wasn't until I right-clicked on the taskbar entry and chose "Pin this program to taskbar" did I find the newly-created shortcut in the folder mentioned above. _Then_ I could right-click on the new shortcut, and "Pin to Start Menu".Thanks for the tip, Woody.

I have a program that constantly defies my searching for it (uTorrent, becaus the "u" isn't a "u"), and this solves that problem.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Also, quick note. My post showed up with stripped line feeds. It wasn't until I manually inserted [br /] tags that it showed up as I wanted, but if I previewed, it immediately stripped them out again?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Depends what your definition of "on" is! But Woody could have made it clear that he was talking there about items pinned to the task bar, not just appearing there temporarily.

Bruce