Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs down Outlook 2010 and RSS

I get a lot (15-20) of RSS feeds into my copy of Outlook 2010. Most of them work correctly--in that once I've gotten the item, I don't get it again. However there are several feeds--notably from Consumer Reports--that download the same article items over and over again--and not just from a particular day--but going back days before. Is this a problem on my end or their end? Is there any way to make Outlook only retrieve (download) the item once?

If it's the fault of the people at Consumer Reports, what do I have to tell them to fix/check so that the feed works correctly? Is it that difficult to fix? (I really don't understand how RSS works, but I'm guessing there's a pointer somewhere that's not keeping track of something. Interestingly, the Consumer Report feed doesn't duplicate everything, just certain items, which may be because I receive about 10 different feeds from them).

thanks,
    Henry S. Winokur
    PC .HLP Computer Consulting -- Supporting family & SOHO Windows users in the DC area since 1990
    Bethesda, MD

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    I would say it's probably a problem on their end, especially considering that most other feeds work decently.
    You can also test it with a different app, to be sure. If you are a google user, google reader is a good option. If not, maybe try FeedDemon and see if the problem is replicated there. If it is, then you will have found the cause.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ruirib View Post
    I would say it's probably a problem on their end, especially considering that most other feeds work decently.
    You can also test it with a different app, to be sure. If you are a google user, google reader is a good option. If not, maybe try FeedDemon and see if the problem is replicated there. If it is, then you will have found the cause.
    oK. thanks! ;-)
    Henry S. Winokur
    PC .HLP Computer Consulting -- Supporting family & SOHO Windows users in the DC area since 1990
    Bethesda, MD