New Lounger
    Thanks

How to convert Word table to Word document

Hello, The output of a tool is in the form of a table in word that contains 4 columns. One column contains a set of flags, another contains style names and the third and fourth contain a mixture of text and OLE embeded word objects. One of the two text cells will be empty on each row. I need to extract the text and OLE objects in each cell and paste it to the end of another document, and apply style to the pasted text. I will work on the flags issue later. I am running into problems getting the contents of the cells as text only. How do I go about getting the embedded objects? example two examples would be: Flag 1 Applicable Documents [empty] Flag 3 Flag 4 Flag 1 [empty] The following are the applicable documents [object 1] [object 2] Flag 2 I think I can figure things out except the embedded objects. Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Can you post an example document so we can see what you are talking about?
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I wish I could post an example of the document but company rules prevent it. I will try to describe the file. The first column contains "flags". Each flag is a phrase on a single line. A cell containing 1 flag will have one line, 3 flags will be three lines. the second column contains a MS Word Style name. The third column contains section headings and a cell in that column may be empty. If the third column cell is not empty, the fourth column cell will be empty. The fourth column contains a combination of text and embedded OLE objects. I believe these objects to be exclusively inline.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I wish I could post an example of the document but company rules prevent it. (I could not edit or delete my previous post, here is a simplified ( I hope) version) I have a Word document with a table in it. The table contains a column whose cells consist of a mix of text and inline shapes (I will refer to the contents as data). I need to go through the table one row at a time and, depending on the contents of the other columns, take the data (both text and inline shapes) and place it at the end of another word document with a specific Word style (contained in another column) and with some text place at the beginning of the data exported depending contents of a third column.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    The short answer is, yes it can be done. The longer answer is, without a relevant sample, the numerous assumptions we need to make render the resulting code unfit for purpose.

If you want a full working solution to your commercial problem, perhaps you should pay for a developer who will sign an NDA to do that for you.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia