New Lounger
    Thanks

Items gone from task bar

I have an application and a custom folder that were in my task bar that now disappear every time I restart the computer. I tried putting them back and locking the task bar but the next time I start the computer they are gone. If I right click the task bar and select toolbar the program is there but my folder is gone. Any suggestions on how I can get them to stay?

As I said this just started happening. I had my previous computer set up this way and the items stayed. This computer is about 9 months old and up until this week things have been staying in the task bar. The trick with the folder and my favorite programs is something I got from Woody several years ago.

Thanks.

Doug

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dMurph View Post
    If I right click the task bar and select toolbar the program is there but my folder is gone
    You can't select toolbar there, only one of several toolbars. So, which one?

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If I right click on the Task Bar and select the Toolbars item the Program the who's icon is gone is there. I can also select New Toolbar and replace the link to the folder with my most used shortcuts. After doing this all is fine until I turn the computer off. When next booted the items are gone from the task bar. What removes them? Up until a week or so ago they were always available.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I don't think it's possible for a program shortcut icon to be listed under toolbars, because only folders are recognized as toolbars.

If you create a special folder somewhere and fill it with your required shortcuts, that folder should remain once added as a toolbar.

How to Create a Custom Toolbar on the Windows 7 Taskbar

Bruce