Thanks

Win 8 Consumer Preview our Wednesday 2/29

According to PCWorld the Consumer Preview (CP) of Windows 8 will be released on Wednesday 2/29.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

VBA Rules!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

Thanks
    I'm waiting to download it. I want to be in line opening day.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    I am anxious to see how the laptop Metro compares to my Windows Phone Metro. If it half as good I would be pleased... Since your three hours ahead of me time wise Ted. DO NOT WAKE ME UP!...
    LOL
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    Oh I will, bright and early tomorrow morning. Actually I have to be at work at 8:30 so I will not be able to try until I get home, darn.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Attention-getting device

Publication seems an opportune time for some knowledgeable soul to post a download link, provide a refresher or intro explanation of how to dual-boot, or just another good link for dual-boot. Win 8 will still be a beta, but that much information might be permitted in one of the more frequently-visited forums, since dual-boot is of universal interest and applicability, and the larger the user base of beta testers for Win 8 the less buggy the final product is likely to be (and the more visitors this forum is likely to have)
    Last edited by dogberry; 2012-02-28 at 14:11.

Thanks
    Dual Boot:

Use a good partition app (I use both Partition Wizard and EaseUs Partition Magic) Either work very well. Shrink you C drive by lets say 50 GB to leave a nice size for the Win 8 CP OS. After shrinking your C Drive you will see unallocated space. When you download the iso Win 8 CP it must be burned to a DVD to allow it to be installed in a dual boot senario. At this point insert the DVD containing Win 8 CP and reboot. You will see the installation message. Choose Custom install. When asked, install in the unallocated space and allow the installation to proceed. The installation will replace the Win 7 MBR with the Win 8 CP MBR which will still allow you to choose whether to boot to Win 7 or Win 8 CP. It really is that simple. The Win 8 CP does not require a key. It has a key built in and is already activated. There is more info at windows8forums that may help to answer other questions.

To burn the iso file to DVD, after you have downloaded it to your PC, (assuming you have Win 7) right click the file and choose Burn disk image and follow the prompts.

After setting up the Win 8 CP partition I assigned the drive letter to W so as to not interfer with any of my removable drives.

The Win 8 CP partition can be Images along with Win 7 while Imaging your Win 7 partition. Just choose to Image both partitions at the same time. The Image file will then include both OSes in the Image. To restore the Images they have to be restore one at a time.

I do not have a download site yet, sorry.
    Last edited by Medico; 2012-02-28 at 15:43.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You might find it HERE.

I think it starts in Barcelona, so if time zones matter I can think of one Lounge regular who should be an early bird, if he doesn't already have it.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You might find it HERE.

I think it starts in Barcelona, so if time zones matter I can think of one Lounge regular who should be an early bird, if he doesn't already have it.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I highly doubt that us Europeans will get first shoot!

Just seen a post elsewhere it will go live at 2PM GMT (aka UTC)

Sounds feasible.
    Last edited by Browni; 2012-02-29 at 02:15.

Thanks
    I've got everything downloaded, both the ISO and regular setup files. I've been watching the videos coming out, and everything that I've seen so far shows it exactly like my Windows Phone 7, which I love. After watching the videos this morning, that is confirmed.
    The only thing I do not like about my phone, and I am pretty sure those of your with touch screen computers will not like it either, is the tabs in IE 10. I very rarely surf on my phone because of it. But hey! can't have everything and on a laptop it my work a little different.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)